Ifrogman ifrogman

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's Christmas...

Once again, you humans have reached that special time of the year when you celebrate the spirit of Christmas, usually by drinking as much of it as you can manage, and while you can just about understand that someone is shouting "Merry Christmas" and not what you thought, since after knocking back a few, you were sure they were just taking the piss. Never mind, eh? Ribbit!!!

As it's also the season to be jolly, I only wish that I had some good news to spread your way, but sadly I don't. As I said some time ago, those of you who were mad enough to mortgage yourselves to the hilt, you are now starting to feel the crunch. Bob says that it's no fun living on the streets, and believe me, he knows a thing or two about this situation. However, since you humans seem to have this craze for spending money you don't have, and on houses that simply aren't worth the money you spend on them, then perhaps the current climate will help you to wake up and see the light for what it really is. Croak!!!

As a frog, I get to hear a lot of gossip on my travels around the garden. Unlike you humans, I know when it's wise to look where I'm going and watch what I'm doing. But you lot, well... I don't know why, you appear to go wandering through life blindly. You want what you don't have, more so if you can't afford it from whatever you earn in your jobs. Bob says that when he was a young man, he had to save for the things he wanted. Now, this sounds very sensible to me. Ribbit!!!

Today, the younger humans among you want everything straightaway, even though they rarely have the money to pay for these things. You want a car as soon as you're old enough to drive, but not just any old banger, it has to be a Porsche or some other turbo-charged what-not. You want enough credit cards to give you a touch of what you think the high life is, never mind whether you can afford them, cos there's always the bank of mom and dad to lean on, if things turn slightly pear-shaped that is. Clothes, you've got to have enough of these to fill a shop, anything less is simply not good enough for you. Then, you've simply got to have a home of your own, just as long as it's better than the home you grew up in. Now, if none of this rings any bells, I promise that I'll drink the contents of the garden pond. Croak!!!

The trouble with young people today, it's that you're quite incapable of standing on your own two feet, nor have you any idea on how to handle your finances properly. You think that money grows on trees, which usually means those in your parents garden. You have a never ending desire for everything no matter what it costs. Well, this sort of greed will turn into the most terrifying nightmare of your miserable life. Croak!!!

Believe me, when you get yourself into this kind of mess, and you no doubt will eventually, nobody will want to know you any more. Surely you've heard the old saying : nobody likes a loser? Well they don't. Think of this, when you were buying those so-called friends of yours endless rounds of drinks, along with all those free meals at the best restaurants, where are they now? If this hasn't happened yet, take it from me as your real friend, it bloody well will. Croak!!!

Well, I'm off to find somewhere warm for the night. Stay safe and I hope you'll come and see me again next week...


Froggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home