Ifrogman ifrogman

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Froggy go a courting...

Nah! I was just kidding. It's just that I know you humans like your fun, games and practical jokes, so I thought I'd give you a small taste of froggy humour. :) Anyway, my next courting period is still months away, but I can wait. Ribbit!!!

Talking about games, Bob has been speaking to me about these Olympic games that you human hold so much in store about. However, I was quite shocked to learn just how far you lot will go, in order to hold such huge world-class events.

With the Chinese officials holding their Olympic games next year, 2008, I have to wonder why it is, that in order to host these games, the Chinese authorities have taken to violating the human rights of plain ordinary people, folks like Bob and the rest of you? Were you aware that these same people are having their precious homes destroyed, just so the Chinese Olympics have a prestigious site with which to be showcased to the outside world? Seems to me that you humans should be boycotting the Chinese Olympics, instead of giving their inhuman actions your full support. Croak!!! Have you all forgotten the Tiananmen Square revolt of 1989 already? Shame on you if you have. Croak!!!

I don't know about you, but this smacks very much like those who lost their homes, businesses and allotments recently, just so the 2012 Olympics could be staged in the east end of London. I bet the authorities here wouldn't be so quick off the mark to move in the bulldozers, if it had been the west end of London that had been chosen as the Olympic site? I can just picture it: The bulldozers are rumbling along The Mall and have just knocked the Victoria Memorial down. HRH glances out of her front window, "Oi! Philip dahling, there are some nasty little oiks coming through our gates, and they have just shoved one's car out of the way with this whacking great bulldozer thingy." Says she. "Fothergill," Says he, "fetch my brace of Purdey's and some boxes of ammunition. One has got a spot of rough shooting to do." "Bags I the one with the bowler hat sitting at a jaunty angle, and the silly grin on his face, dear." Says she.

The Olympics, I'm told, are held to bring people together, to build the spirit of competitiveness between nations. All I see is blood money, greed and the selfish attitudes of a self-righteous few, none of whom I would ever care to call my friends. Croak!!!

Well, I'm off round the garden, stay safe and look after yourselves, Ribbit!!!


Froggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home