Ifrogman ifrogman

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Doom: It's just around the corner

Have you ever had one of those days when nothing seems to go right? Tough!! You must have brought it on yourself. I'll tell you a secret, it never happens in the animal kingdom, and why? Because you humans see us animals as being dumb and stupid. Well, if I haven't changed your opinion on this by the time you've finished reading my blog, then there's simply no hope for you, none at all...

Bob told me that way across the big pond in a land called america, I think it's where that mister Bush lives(?) they've been caught up in the beginnings of the ruination of their economy. Apparently, it has something to do with this crazy human desire to own your own homes. Now, I've spoken about this before, but as with most things I talk about, you humans have the nasty habit to ignore me. Look, I know I'm just a frog, but even you lot must recognize that I'm right? Anyway, pin yer ears back. In america, the poorest in their communities have been suckered into buying their own homes, signing up for mortgages that they can never hope to keep paying. The end result, their homes are repossessed and these nice people get thrown out on the streets. Things wouldn't be quite so bad, if I was just talking about a few hundred people, but no, it's hundreds of thousands!! Croak!!!

These unfortunate people were cheated into buying sub-prime mortgages, you know what I mean, it's a mortgage that's offered to those who would normally be refused a mortgage, and it's usually because of bad debts, or perhaps they simply don't earn enough. Anyway, those who lend the money in the first place, sold these mortgages to big business around the world. However, because those who bought their own houses can't keep up with the rising cost of their mortgage, and rise they did in leaps and bounds, the value of these properties has now plummeted, leaving businesses not only with negative equity, but also shares that are fast losing their value too. Remember, this is now happening on a world scale, including here in jolly old Great Britain. So, as I see it, you lot are only just an arms length away from going bust!! Croak!!! And all because of this obsession about owning your own homes. By the way, if you don't believe me, just watch the price of housing, it's already falling, oh! and the price of shares during the next few months. Bricks and mortar, Nah! I wouldn't touch them any more than I would one of those tatty furballs. You have been warned! Ribbit!!!

My goodness, Bob has just informed me of something that affects you all. And I thought that he was just trying to cheer me up! It's all about your love of giving to charity, yes, charity! I think that this is truly commendable. Ribbit!!! Bob says that your government is giving millions of your hard earned tax money away to help the poor in Africa. (Where's that, Bob?) Again, very commendable. Anyway, it has been recently discovered, that instead of this money going to help the very poor that need it the most, it's going instead, directly into the pockets and foreign bank accounts of many of the unscrupulous leaders of these countries within Africa. In short, it's giving them nice fat pensions to the tune of billions to retire on (nice one!), and all thanks to the amazing kindness of you lot here in Britain and many other western countries. Isn't that nice of them? I bet that old Bob Geldoff must be throwing a wobbly right now if he's heard about this, eh? It just goes to show you, no matter what your position is within such (caring) governments, there's always plenty of room for a nice spot of corruption. Now that's something we, in the animal kingdom, never do to each other. Ribbit!!! Oh hum.........

Well, it's getting a bit parky where the weather is concerned, so I'm off round the garden to look for somewhere to hibernate. Do you know what? I'm almost too afraid to hibernate this year, because I feel that you may not be here when I rise from my slumbers next year. Croak!!!

Ah well, never mind, stay safe and look after yourselves, Ribbit!!!

Froggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home