Ifrogman ifrogman

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Don't say I didn't tell you...

Although it's scarcely a week since I last spoke to you, letting you know what it's like in the garden where I live, the changes here have been quite dramatic. Gone are the colourful leaves from the trees, and now, they stand like so many skeletons reaching up and into the sky. Oh hum! Still, at ground level, where your friendly frog lives, there are quite a lot of flowering plants, and where there are flowering plants, there are slugs, snails and a wide variety of quite juicy flying insects. Ribbit!!!

I just thought that I'd let you know, Bob has been busy in his shed again. He's always trying to invent things, goodness knows why? I guess that it's because he simply has too much time on his hands. Anyway, he was telling me this morning that the shite is about to hit the proverbial fan(?) so, stand well back and get ready to duck. Ribbit!!!

Despite that I warned you humans last week, I'm not surprised to see that events are beginning to speed up a little more. How many of you have see the news about the trouble your banks are getting themselves into? With so many of you on the verge of losing your homes, I find it's such a shame that many have chosen to ignore my pleas, instead of taking notice of what I'm saying to you. Those of you who were suckered into buying a house, using a sub-prime mortgage, will now be feeling the bite of these evil people, and all because they upped the rate of interest you're all paying. I ask you this, if you were aware that you could just about afford a mortgage when you first took it on, were you also aware that the rate you were going to pay, was going to increase by as much as twenty, or twenty-five percent after a period of time? No, I didn't think so. Croak!!!

These lenders had only one thing in mind when you signed your lives and your houses away. This was to make as much money from you as they thought would be possible, then just as quickly snatch it back again. They knew that by increasing your payments, you wouldn't be in a position to meet them. These lenders are now up the creek too, why? Because they are left with negative equity on their hands because the price of houses is beginning to tumble like a house of cards. Bob says that the For Sale signs are beginning to mushroom quicker than his rambling roses in the spring. Croak!!!

So, greed is once again at the root of what's happening around the world. Bob tells me that he has never known an era before, where young people everywhere have such a tremendous desire to buy and own their own property. Personally, I believe that these sub-prime mortgages should never have been allowed to be sold in the first place. What the hell is wrong with renting, for goodness sake? Crikey! Even the most dim-witted among you must have been aware that once you buy a house, the paying doesn't stop there.

Your roof leaks, you have to pay. Your window frames need replacing, you have to pay. Your pipes burst, you have to pay. Your electrical wiring is faulty or getting old, you have to pay. Your doors fall off their hinges, you have to pay. Your sewerage pipes collapse, you have to pay. A tree falls onto your house, you have to pay, especially if you're not insured. It's pay, pay, pay and there never seems any end to it. You should save aside the money you think you can afford to buy a house with, and live your lives to the full doing exciting things. Instead, you're so stressed up, your ticker is in danger of stopping. Forget buying, RENT instead, it makes a darn sight more sense. Ribbit!!! Oh, and please don't tell me that there's nowhere for you to rent, that's toad's crap! Housing for rent is also springing up everywhere, just like mushrooms. Unless you lot are making about eighty thousand a year, forget about buying and shake off the shackles and this unfathomable desire you seem to have to BUY. Croak!!!

You know, I have a terrible desire too, yes, honestly. I have this yearning to do something to all those furballs that come into the garden. I've never done them any harm, but they would pounce on me and rip me apart at the drop of a hat. Croak!!! Here's a piccy of one mangy furball that's always sneaking around the garden.




It's getting dark now, so I'm off to find somewhere cosy to sleep under. Until next time, stay bright and do start looking after yourselves...


Froggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home