Ifrogman ifrogman

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Going to the dogs

I can't say that I won't be pleased to see Froggy back on his keyboard again. I have lots of work to do in the garden, so, the last thing I need is to get overly involved with politics, something that Froggy enjoys with great relish. Don't get me wrong, because I firmly believe that we should all take a close interest in what's happening in and to our country. It's rather that so much that is wrong about it, is carried out in the belief that it's done for our benefit, it's enough to make me want to throw up. Besides, the work I do in the garden helps me to relax, unwind and forget, it's work and yet the end result gives me a great deal of pleasure and satisfaction. No amount of politics can ever give me this kind of reward.

Talking of politics reminds me of something I heard earlier on this week, the subject of pay awards. As usual, politicians have been spouting their usual nonsense about whether the public sector deserve an increase in their pay, along with the fact that it must be a settlement covering three years. I don't know about you lot out there, but who can honestly say that their bills today will be precisely the same in three years time? And yet, for some strange and quite unfathomable reason, our politicians believe that nothing changes and that we do not actually see rises in our household bills. I guess that if you are an MP with an income of over one-hundred thousand a year, like most of them have, a rise in one's bills won't amount to very much at all, since they can afford to pay for them no matter how high they are. It is we, the humble tax payers that settle their bills for them, because it's we that damned well pay their overly inflated wages, that's why.

Well, these self same politicians also suggested the idea that a police officer's pay should be linked to their performance. No wonder the country is in as bad a state as it is. Mind you, what's good for the goose... How about linking an MP's pay and bonuses to their performance? Good grief, as tax payers we'd save this country a sizeable fortune, especially as most MP's do absolutely bugger all for their pay.

You know, some things in life can be quite funny at times, take our railways for instance. The chairman of Network Rail has been saying that our railways haven't been as successful as they are right now. Then perhaps he can tell us why it is that the railways still need to be so heavily subsidized by the tax payer? I still don't understand how it is that our government finds the need to squander billions on what is, after all, a bunch of private companies? With fares increasing at a rate that is far higher than the rate of inflation, why do we need to subsidize a transport system that we, the public, are fast being unable to afford to travel on?

This country is surely going to the dogs, especially when we place crooks and villains in charge of our security systems. This is utter madness, to say the very least. In view of all the sensitive data that continues to be stolen, or conveniently goes missing, one can only wonder what will happen next with our current government in power? These are the very people who, if they are to get their way, want us to carry ID cards. No doubt that when all of this sensitive information data is gathered and stored by them, they will leave it laying around somewhere waiting for it to be stolen, just like they do at present. I personally don't see them as being people worthy of taking charge of anything that can put all of us at risk to ID theft, do you?

Finally, I have a few words to say about the British class system. Yes, I know that Froggy has spoken about this before, but I want to give you my views on the subject, okay? Right, let's get one thing straight, Britain has a three tier class system and absolutely nothing else.

The Poor. Nobody gives a shite about the poor, that's why we have so many of them in this country. It's far easier to ignore them than to physically do something for them. This costs nothing.

The Working class. This includes everyone who has to go out to work for a living, including those with any kind of business to call their own. Running a business is working. It doesn't matter if you plod the day through on a PC, you work. The working class are in the majority in Britain today. These are the tax payers.

The Upper class. None of us really gives a shite about them either. They live off the money earned by their ancestors, you know the type of people I mean, those who used your ancestors as slaves in order to make themselves rich for many generations to come. They look down at the classes below them like they were something they stepped on while walking around their vast estates, or crappy houses in London. They are the bane of our society.

Ah! I can almost hear a lot of you saying: hang on a minute, I'm middle class, why haven't you said anything about us? Okay, if you insist, then I will.

The Middle class. These don't really exist. Sorry, but it's true, only you don't care to acknowledge it. You see, those of you who think of yourselves as middle class, well I can only say this, you're a sad lot. To be absolutely honest, and you have to be, you are... wait for it! Working class. It's just that you don't want to admit this to yourselves. You see this so-called middle class as being better than those you look upon as working class, but you're damned well not. Get a life, the lot of you and admit that you belong to the working class...

Well, I'm going back into the garden to work in my shed. I expect that Froggy told you about my inventions, they're things I like to tinker about with when not actually gardening. I'm trying to put the final touches to my perpetual motor, but it keeps on giving me problems.

I'll see you all again next week. Bye all....

Bob (Standing in for our friend, Froggy)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home