Ifrogman ifrogman

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

How many times must you be told?

Believe it or not, a frog's life is often fraught with danger, which is why I have to constantly watch out for myself. As most of you humans are aware by now, it's those pesky furballs that pose the greatest threat to me. Unfortunately, unlike you humans, there is no means at hand to provide me with any kind of protection, none, other than the mere act of self preservation by being very, very careful. Ribbit!!!

Humans, on the other hand, are more than capable of taking care of themselves, and of course this is usually regardless of the dangers you lot have to face. Humans, I am told, are a resourceful lot. Bob tells me that I must remember that many humans appear to be hell bent on killing each other, but just yet, I'm unable to figure out just why this should be the case? So, perhaps it's that you humans aren't so different from me after all? Ribbit!!!

Here, I should mention that there is one hell of a difference between frogs and humans, apart from the fact that none of you are as handsome as me, and this is the fact that you never seem to learn from your mistakes. I suppose that in order to recognize them, you must at first acknowledge that you actually make mistakes in the first place. Somehow, I don't think that you do... Croak!!!

Bob says that, while those who have suffered at the wrath of this spate of flooding should look to getting help of some kind, I'd say: don't hold your breath! Apparently, when this question of help was brought up in parliament today, your new PM stated that the government was going to spend an extra two-hundred zillion quid on sea defences. You know what? This is all very well if you live beside the sea, but somehow, I doubt that this will help people who live in Doncaster, or any of the other places gripped by the current spate of flooding.... unless of course, the sea is now lapping at their doors? If it is, then you're truly all up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Croak!!!

Returning to your obsession with buying property in the hope that it'll be worth zillions in a few years, open your eyes and unblock your ears. It ain't going to happen. Bob explained to me about a lady, one who bought a nice little flat in Surrey, or some such desirable location, a while ago, but she now wants to sell it... but she can't. Apparently, no one wants to pay as much as she bought it for originally. She shouldn't be surprised at this, because this is what happens when common sense goes out of the window. Let me tell this lady something that she, and the rest of you should know. It's just a pile of bricks and mortar and, regardless of what anyone thinks, be told, it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. I've already told you humans once, prices go up, but they also go down. Paying silly high prices, and for something that simply isn't worth it reminds me of a human story: The Kings new clothes. You probably know of it. If someone tries to convince you of something for long enough, in the end you'll wind up believing it. Remember, it's only estate agents and property developers who make money out of these over inflated prices, it's never you! So, don't be so damned greedy and learn before you make a stupid mistake. Croak!!!

I truly wish that you'd take notice of all the things I tell you about, but what the hell, who wants to listen to the ramblings of a garden frog eh?

I'm going to take a hop around the garden now, which incidentally is looking really nice at the moment. The flowering plants are enjoying the rain, and to be honest, so am I. This rain brings out all those deliciously fat and juicy slugs, cripes! there's so many of them that I've gone and put on some weight, naughty old me. Ribbit!!!

Bye for now,


Froggy

2 Comments:

At 8:51 am, Blogger Unknown said...

A friend of mine, who is a chicken, says humanity would do well to listen to the ramblings of a frog - but she advises against kissing toads...

 
At 8:00 pm, Blogger ifrogman said...

I kissed a toad once by mistake. It put me off my food for more than a week! Yuk!

Froggy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home