Ifrogman ifrogman

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Warehouse Business at High Street Prices

Where do I begin my blog this week? Bob has told me so much about what has happened in the news of late, I'm fairly spoilt for choice. The main point is that I want to show you humans how you're being cheated every single day of your pitiful lives. Don't get me wrong, I like you all very much, honest!! But no matter how much information I put your way, you lot are very, very slow at learning about the important things in life. Croak!!!

First thing, let me tell you that life is full of people just waiting out there to cheat you. I must add here that they may not do this intentionally, but if this is the case, they really do need to take a good long hard look at what they're doing. Bob tells me that humans live in what is commonly known as the 'Computer Age', and as such, everyone should have realized by now that life should be a whole lot less stressful, demanding, and a whole lot cheaper to boot.

Let me draw your attention to the title of my blog. 'Warehouse Business at High Street Prices'. Now, you're probably wondering what this means, well it's simple. I understand that almost every town in the land has a shop known as 'Argos', which sounds impressive to a frog like me, but then what do I know about shops? Not a lot, but what I do know, I will share with you. 'Don't Shop For It - Argos It!' Sound familiar? Yes, of course it does. But why should you? (Argos it!' that is).

Bob's experience has shown that Argos prices are tagged with the label -Warehouse Business at High Street Prices- Because this is what you pay for your stupidity. Bob says that from the moment you walk into to an Argos store, you have to waste your time choosing your goods from a catalogue. Goods are not there on display for you to examine like most other shops, but yes, you can indeed request to see an item, but, think of the time it frequently takes for your precious item to show up for your perusal. You can be kept waiting for a half an hour or even more, just for the privilege of being served, and this doesn't include the time it takes to queue and then pay for an item, if you decide that you actually want it. So, I'll go back to the title of this blog. If the Argos business is indeed a warehouse business, and from where I stand on this subject, it damned well is, then why is it that their prices are the same as, or even higher than normal High Street prices? In those High Street shops, you can walk in, grab the item you want, check it over quickly, pay for it, get it bagged and be out again in less than ten minutes. You cannot say the same thing about Argos. Croak!!!

All of this brings me back to what Bob calls the Computer Age. Have you made your first purchase over the internet yet? Yes! Then you don't need me to tell you how much cheaper it is, do you? Anyway, for those of you who have yet to make this first bold step, you'll be wondering why on earth you haven't done so before now. I know, I know, some of you Doubting Thomas's think that the internet is not safe and that the sharks are there to steal your hard-earned money. That may well be so, but then you can get ripped off on the High street too, that is if you aren't careful enough. Take the appropriate steps, and you'll be able to shop in complete safety. Only shop where the business you are dealing with has a secure server logo, the tiny yellow lock that is displayed on the tool bar once you go to the check-out to pay for your goods. Oh! And beware of buying on the internet if your PC is operating Wi-fi. This system will allow anyone near your PC, anyone outside your house on the street for instance, to monitor your key-strokes and steal information from your PC without you knowing it has happened. So, Beware!! Croak!!!

I'm reaching the stage in my little lesson where I give you some prime examples of saving huge amounts of money against paying silly High Street prices. Last xmas, Bob wanted a SanDisk 512MB Flash Card, and this is what he saved by getting it through Amazon. Amazon's price £9.23.... here, the P&P was free. Jessop's price £35.99. plus time and wear on your shoes. The differences in price made Bob's hair stand on end, believe me! He has just bought a ByteStor 1GB High speed USB 2.0 Flash Drive for £6.00 P&P free from Amazon (again!). Jessop's own brand USB 2.0 flash drive, £44.99. I don't know about you lot, but aren't those High Street shops taking you shoppers for a ride? Last, but by no means least, he bought a set of Uniross AA 2700mAh Rechargeable batteries (Ni-Mh) including P&P through Amazon, but from one of their outlets, at £7.99. The same item from Argos will set you back £14.99. I rest my case... Ribbit!!!

Internet shopping is all about buying goods at honest and fair prices, which is quite unlike the prices of High Street shops. Give internet shopping a try, and make yourself some very big savings into the bargain.

That's all for this week, so, stay safe and I'll see you all in the garden again real soon. Bye... Ribbit!!!

Froggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home