Ifrogman ifrogman

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

All for free

Welcome to the garden. You know, it's only been about a week, but I've missed you all. Standing around with my head poking up out of the pond water, I'm able to observe life all around me. There has even been a spot of sunshine lately, which is something I feel sure that you lot will have enjoyed. After all, it can't rain forever, or can it? Oh, I don't know though, I recall that somewhere long, long ago, it did rain a terrible lot, cats and dogs some would say, but somehow, I just can't visualise animals falling out of the sky. Ribbit!!!

Bob's been a teeny bit gloomy lately, yes it's true. All the wind and rain that we've been experiencing recently has played merry hell with his flowering plants. It's odd really, because from the position I look at everything, those flowers look absolutely fine to me. Still, what do I know about flowers? They aren't even any good to eat. Bob tried to explain what he sees in them, but my world is far removed from his, and so we don't view things the same way. Of course, I do understand that with the flowers, a whole lot of insects is attracted into the garden. This is food on the wing, and I know that I shouldn't look down my nose at such things. Ribbit!!!

Bob says that your mister Blair has gone, but in his place there is mister Brown. What a funny name! I thought that this was a colour? There's plenty that's brown once those furballs have been in the garden. Croak!!! There should be a law against such filthy habits. Anyway, I'm pleased to be able to tell you, those furballs are rarely seen nowadays, but this doesn't mean that I shouldn't watch out for them, oh no! Turn your back for just a second or two, and you'll have several kilos of spitting scratching fur all over you. It ain't pleasant I can assure you. A frog like me could lose an eye for just thinking about such things. Croak!!!

Well, now that you humans have got yourselves a new PM, has anything changed for the good? No! I didn't think so. When will you lot learn that politics is all about feathering ones own nest. Oh, yes it is!.. Politics certainly isn't about helping joe public, otherwise, you would be seeing and reaping the benefits, and from what Bob says, you never see, nor enjoy anything of the kind. Croak!!!

My word, but doesn't time fly? At this rate, it'll soon be autumn again. I know, I know, you lot haven't had your summer yet. But this is it, climate change is making summers a little wetter, so get used to it. If you lot don't mend your ways and stop thinking solely about me, me, me all the time, things are going to get far worse. I know that Bob is concerned about food production. He says that wetter weather will prevent many of your commonplace crops from growing. Most of you take food for granted, but if the farmers can't grow it, then you can't have it, so there. Croak!!!

Of course, you lot could always turn to eating slugs and worms for a change? They are quite delicious, you know. All that protein and it's all for free too. Ribbit!!!

Time for me to go now, so stay safe and mind how you go.


Bye for now,

Froggy

1 Comments:

At 8:44 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Talking of animals falling out of the sky - you should have seen how Atyllah's Granny Were and Aunt Aggie looked when their spacepod crashlanded in the swimming pool - never mind the sky falling on Chicken Little's head, this was chicken's falling on Atyllah's head.

As for politicians feathering their own nests, I regret to tell you that it's not just politicians - it's a human tendency per se. They're just not a very nice species, see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home