Ifrogman ifrogman

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Is This Humanity?

Hello one and all,

I'll begin by saying that snow has finally given the garden a frosty covering, and the pond is completely iced over, all despite Bob's attempts at defrosting it with hot water. Some of his tasks are simply not worth his effort, since it is so cold that he's fighting a losing battle in trying to keep the water ice free.

Normally I find myself, as a common garden frog, being amused by the amazing antics you humans seem to get up to, Bob included. But since I had a serious conversation with Bob earlier today, he told me something that I find incredibly difficult to believe, especially where you humans and your society is concerned. You appear to have your priorities, morally and otherwise, in all the wrong places. In short I was shocked by what I was told...

Bob explained to me that you lot are holding something you call, the Olympic games. This, I understand, is to be held in your capital city of London in 2012. Not only this, but he also says that these games, once the building of the site of the games is complete, is likely to cost in excess of eighteen billion of your pounds, 18B!!! Croak!! Why, I'm pretty sure that this is more than he gets for his miserly pension. Anyway, once he had explained everything that these games involve, I understand far more than I ever did before what really makes you humans tick. Greed!!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure that you have a very good excuse for wanting to host these games, but words fail me to understand just what this could be? From what Bob once told me, you humans in Britain have tens of thousands of people living on the streets, simply because they are unfortunate not to have a home of their own. Even a simple frog like me has a place I can happily call my home. So, one of you lot please tell me this: Why are you willing to spend so much money on an event that will be over in less than probably two weeks, when so many live on your streets? Have you no compassion? Is there not a single trace of charity in your human hearts and souls? Do not these people deserve to live as you do with a roof over their heads and a warm place to lay their heads at night?

Bob told me that humans were religious people, but I have to wonder how can this be so, when you are willing to do so much for these games, and yet not lift a finger to help your fellow humans in their suffering? I suppose you go to your church now and again, perhaps weekly, just so as you can have a clear conscience on judgement day. How self righteous is that! I must remember to ask Bob if all humans are like this? I mean let's face it, anyone who supports the spending of what will be mostly public funds on what I see as being such a trivial event, and don't damned well tell me it's not trivial! Then my faith in human nature has changed considerably from what it was. Croak!! I know that Bob feels the shame of all this madness, I wonder if you do too?

Of course, if you support these games, likely as not you don't give a furball's arse about the homeless. I expect that you think they are there all because it's their own fault? Wake up!! Any of you can lose your home and for any one of a thousand reasons. Is this then your fault? All I see about humans is this constant companion of yours known as greed! You are a nation of takers... Try giving for a change, you could actually get to like it.

I need to be convinced that humans are not all greedy, selfish people. Even so, I guess that you simply can't help being this way, so, until I'm persuaded otherwise, I'll say bye for now...

I'm trying very hard to be your friend,

Froggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home