Ifrogman ifrogman

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Digging's For Fools

Hello one and all,


Wow!!! Isn't the weather being kind to us? You know, it's difficult to believe that it's almost the end of November, and yet, where I am, the daytime temperatures are still fairly high. All the better to warm and sooth my sleek green blotched skin, my big hypnotizing eyes and my very sexy legs... Aaah! It's great to be a frog.

Well, here in the garden, all of the leaves have finally fallen from the trees, and now, only their spooky skeletal fingers reach almost pleadingly way up into the sky. I bet you can get a great view of the world from way up there, just like the birds do? Still, the buds for next year's leaves are coming through on many of the trees and shrubs. Of course, a lack of all that foliage just means that the rays of the sun are able to reach and therefore warm, a whole lot more of the ground, where little old me lives. Even the odd fly is still buzzing around like some poor lost soul.

Bob is still hard at it, keeping himself busy doing little jobs here and there, although from what I saw today, he appears to have a back problem. Anyway, the work he does ensures that the garden will look its best from one year until the next. Even from where I see it all down here at ground level, I can tell you that it looks pretty good from Spring right through until Autumn again.

Silly me! I'm telling you all about this because I assume that you appreciate gardening? I know, digging isn't everyone's idea of having a fun time, but you see, gardening doesn't have to be all about digging. As Bob once told me, digging is for fools, so let them damn well get on with it. You don't have to go around digging like some demented mole. Weeds can be kept in check by mulching the ground between the flowers and shrubs with the leaves from this year's fall. The worms (I love a juicy worm. Ribbit!) will do everything that is necessary to see that the ground is aerated. Once the leaves have broken down and have been taken into the soil by these worms, all you need do is top it up with bags of those nice bark chippings you lot are able to buy.

There's something else that I've noticed recently here in the garden. Apart from the odd Robin and Wren, not forgetting those quarrelsome Sparrows, there hasn't been many other bird visitors around this place. I'd even go as far as to say that it's getting a bit too quiet for my liking. Yes, I do enjoy the quiet life, but it's nice to have a few friendly feathered friends dropping by each day. Perhaps I've been sleeping too much lately and haven't noticed them? There again, it could be those damned furballs. Yes, those pesky cats are still lurking in the undergrowth waiting to grab at whatever comes in their reach. A frog like me has to keep my wits about me, or just when I think it's safe to be out and about, I'm going to be pounced upon one day... Croak!!!


Well, once again, time has caught up with me, so...

Stay safe and take care, hope to see you all again soon...

Froggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home