Ifrogman ifrogman

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bush: I have one in my garden...

Hi everyone,

From a frog's point of view like mine, there was quite a touch of excitement in the garden where I live, and it happened just a few days ago. One of those pesky cats that I swear have been sent to haunt and taunt my precious life, was high up in one of the enormous trees that is not more than spitting distance from my pond. Obviously, the cat must have been thinking that it had been well hidden from view as far as the local bird population was concerned. Well, it was in for one hell of a surprise, I can tell you. Before long, it was besieged by a flock of thundering great squawking magpies. Talk about noisy. While they enjoyed badgering this scrawny feline fur ball, they were kicking up so much fuss, that I could scarcely hear myself think. I guess that's life for you, there's nothing like a bit of excitement now and again to cheer up yer cockles. Oh! Here's a picture of one of the other furry critters that I share my patch with. Cute isn't he? He loves playing with his nuts...

My friend the Squirrel

Have you noticed how much the nights are beginning to shorten the days now, along with the fact that it rains far more than it usually does too? I still have plenty to eat, all thanks to the human whose garden I live in. As big as it is, his garden still has lots and lots of flowers brightening up every nook and cranny, and this means that food is still most plentiful. The pond is... Hang on a minute... A nice fat juicy-looking slug has just caught my eye... Wow, slurp!! Now that went down a real treat. Whoa, yuk!!! If there's something I truly can't stand, it's getting bits of grit along with my food. That sort of thing takes all the fun out of eating, and I can tell you, I do enjoy my food. As I was about to say, the pond is still looking very peaceful.

I thought that you may like to know that my human friend has been busy again. He simply enjoys chatting to other humans who stop by now and then, although from what I'm beginning to understand, their talk is usually about all things political. I guess that this is what human society is all about. Now, how boring is that? Well, never mind. Whatever turns you lot on is okay by me, honest!! If I heard him right, this time he said something about another human from across the great pond. Now this does sound pretty exciting to a frog like me. I always thought that my pond was the biggest there was, but what he describes fair takes my breath away, ribbit!!


Anyway, back to this other human. His name has something to do with bushes, at least that's what I thought he said. Apparently, he lives with his head buried in the sand... or, it's something like that. Sounds pretty uncomfortable if you ask me. You won't catch me doing it. Anyway, many have said that this bush has his head buried right up something else, but to be honest, and as a frog, that sounded physically impossible, and a trifle uncomfortable too. This bush believes that global warming doesn't exist and that it's just a figment of everyone's imagination. Perhaps it's because many of his friends are the ones who contribute to most of the pollutants that are causing all this global warming? Now, you can't blame him for standing up for his friends, now can you?

You know what? I've got lots of bushes in my garden, but to be frank, they don't appear to be contributing anything to this global warming at all, infact, I often lay under them and wait for flies to come whizzing by. Bushes attract flies you know. Ribbit!!

Stay happy and stay safe my friends. I'll be seeing you...

Froggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home