Ifrogman ifrogman

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Time of plenty

Hi everyone,

This is a time of plenty. My domain, as I once told you all, seems to go on forever, and within this most beautiful wild expanse, I have discovered bountiful things to eat, and of course, it's rightly when I need it the most. A frog's life is indeed, quite a happy one. As I sit here under the leaves of the Lady's Mantle, away from the prying eyes of those pesky devil cats, I look out over my glorious pond, watching countless tiny oxygen bubbles floating up towards the mirror flat surface, each formed in the crystal clear depths amongst the luxuriant spiralling weed growth.

You know, as odd as it may seem to you, these silvery bubbles are my allies. Why? Because they cause the juicy insect dwellers of my pond to constantly move about in sheer terror. And when they swim within easy reach of my long quick darting tongue, hey! here comes lunch...

Mmm! That went down nicely. Talking about a time of plenty, the man whose garden I live in was speaking to me about something similar that happens in his human world. He explained that for humans, when they experience a time of plenty, they are constantly complaining, saying that it's never enough. I must admit that I couldn't see the sense in this, that is until he told me that his government, whatever that is? are currently being hounded by the people. Now, being hounded is something I understand very well. Need I say any more about those damned cats?

Anyway, he told me that even when the government works well for the people, making the rich get richer, the middle classes get richer, and the poor... Well, it's never good enough! Apparently, the human economy is kept buoyant through taxes. Hey! Don't ask me what taxes are. I'm just a simple frog. As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, it seems that those who work for a living, don't appear to like the idea of paying for an increase in personal taxes, despite that it is apparently for their own good. He tells me that since they don't like being taxed at the source, they have to be taxed by stealth. Now, stealth is another word I understand. Anyway, they don't like this either. Apparently you humans are once again restless and are considering getting rid of your government. Sounds to me like they are kicking themselves up their own backsides... Are they stupid, or what?

We frogs have a saying... Yes, yes, I know! We do have a lot of sayings, really! Anyway, before I forget, we believe that nobody should bite the hand that feeds it. In other words, DON'T GET GREEDY!!! Always look to what you have, just like me in fact, don't crave for what you don't have.

Like I said, I'm all for a quiet life, so, I'll be seeing you...

Froggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home