Ifrogman ifrogman

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Profiteering Water Companies - A Fairy Tale

The weather continues to be unsettled, which isn't good for my progeny as the pond has been frozen over at least once during the past week. Oh my! (Big sigh) Well, there's nothing I can do in my battle against nature, but that's how it is for us smaller creatures. We frogs are all somewhere in the food chain, much as I can't say that I like it this way, it's eat or be eaten. However, I'm sorry to admit that I cannot say the same about you humans, where if my memory serves me well, it's dog eat dog in your society. Of course, I can't say that I relish the prospect of eating a dog! Croak!!!

You see, the thing is this, this saying means that you lot out there are willing to crap on each other to achieve your aims and goals. A very good example of this was told to me by Bob, and I'm going to pass this on to you lot, just to prove my point. Oh! Some of you will know this already since it affects you.

Apparently, the Severn Trent Water Authority has just received a massive fine in a court of your laws, more than fifty plus millions of your pounds, (I quit counting at thirty, cos it sounds like this is quite a lot to me?). It seems that they have been behaving rather badly towards their customers, nothing new there I suppose, and they have to pay some of this back to them. Now, where have I heard this fairytale before? Anyway, their Chief Executive has said that the company's customers will not suffer as a result of this fine. Bull shite!!! Bob said that quite unlike previous years, his bill for 2008 has gone up by more than seven percent, this is opposed to it increasing in previous years by a mere four percent.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but Bob reckons that if every Severn Trent customer has paid seven percent more this year, it will more than cover the cost of the fine imposed on them by the courts. Plus the fact that it will make them a very nice fat profit to top it off. I'll keep you posted on what the water regulator has to say about this matter, once Bob has made a complaint against Severn Trent. Croak!!!

You humans never cease to keep on behaving badly towards each other, more so if despite that I told you there's no such thing as classes in your society, you still carry on like there is, so... this is why your government has stepped all over the poorest sector of your society by abolishing the 10p rate in income tax. They saw fit to give the rewards to the, and I hate to say it again, but I have to, middle classes, as if these greedy toads hadn't got enough already. Croak!!! Do you know the real reason why the tax cuts were given to these slobs, it's quite simple really: the poor of Britain do not contribute enough to society as a whole, so they take what little they have and then kick em in the crutch while they can't get much lower. Croak!!!

You want to know something? We lesser creatures kill to survive, but you humans, well you survive to make a killing. It appears to me that most of you don't seem to mind who you hurt along the way, just so long as you get what you want. Your view regarding the Chinese Olympics is a fine example of how you lot really are, selfish and uncaring...

That's another week's news coming to you from the garden pond. See you again soon, Bye all,


Froggy

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home