Ifrogman ifrogman

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Froggy: The Return

Yes, folks, I know that you're all inclined not to believe it, but it's me again, your trusted and highly dependable friend, Froggy, Ribbit!!! Excuse me while I just stretch the legs a bit, cos it's been a very long time since I last moved any further than the hole I got settled into for the winter period. After all this time spent in the grip of hibernation, I must tell you that it's really nice to be back amongst you again, even if from what Bob tells me, things have only gone from bad to worse. Croak!!!

Another thing that Bob spoke to me about, it's this virus that's spreading among the frog species. Yikes! Now this is something that doesn't exactly gladden the heart, you know. It's one thing having to fend off all those tatty furballs that trespass into the garden, but quite another to have to watch out for something that sneaks around unseen, and on top of it, deadly too. Woe is me, Croak!!!

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest, I'll get back to my world and what I've been doing since I stirred last week. Not to put you off, but I've been enjoying a bit of carnal knowledge, something we frogs do a lot of at this time of the year. Hey! Get used to it, it's just something that I'm driven to do, you know. It's what is known as, propagation of the species, and believe me, I'm really quite partial to a spot of propagating, Ribbit!!!

Bob has asked me to say something about the recent government budget, but if I was to repeat what he thinks about it, then things look a whole lot bleaker for him and others of you who either face retirement, or are retired. I have to admit, if you lot believe that the government shares your interest at heart, then you must have been surprised to learn that there wasn't anything in the budget for you, nor for anyone else who is retired. You all should know by now that your government only does things for itself. It's not there to help you lot, it‘s there to help itself. So live with it. Croak!!!

I've just taken a quick hop around the garden, my but it looks so wonderful! Besides all those spring flowers that are popping up everywhere, there's also lots of juicy things to nibble on too, a slug here and a snail there, absolutely delicious, you should try some once in a while! It's funny really, but right at a time when you'd think I'd have to go hunting for my food, it's just hiding, or at least trying its best to, under old pieces of damp rotting wood among the remains of the fallen leaves of last autumn. Then there are plenty of insects too, only tiny things really, but as we say, every little morsel helps. Size doesn't matter to someone as small as me, you know. Ribbit!!!

I spoke earlier about those dreaded tatty furballs, cats to those of you who are unsure as to what I mean. Well, I hadn't be out for long, when I noticed that there are far more of their number visiting the garden than when I went into hibernation. It looks like I'm not the only one who's been propagating the species. You must know that this means war!!

I'm going to leave you there for this week. I need to catch up on what you humans have been up to in my absence. Ribbit!!!

Take care until next time,

Froggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home